Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yum!

It's been a while since I've consistently cooked dinner.  I usually try and pull something together a few nights a week, but with working full time and the two munchkins, by the time I get home, I'm completely wiped and all I really want to do is veg on the couch, eat Cheetos while watching the Kardashians (did I just say that?).


Anyway, tonight was different!  I recently picked up this great cook book and decided that I am really going to make an effort to make dinner a fun and exciting time as opposed to a chore.



I made Porcupine Meatballs (I love the name "Porcupine Meatballs" -- because there's rice in it that makes it look spiky!) but since I didn't have everything I needed for the sauce, I used the sauce in this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sweet-and-Sour-Meatballs-869.  

I pretty much followed the Porcupine Meatball recipe to a "T" but with the sauce, I halved it and then added a bit of apple cider vinegar and cinnamon and then took my emulsion blender to it.  (Now, that I've made all these little alterations, can't I technically call this recipe mine?? :) )

Here's what the dish looked like after I got all the elements in the pot (thanks to the Smalleys for leaving the Bud Lite in our fridge!):


And because I love to layer my carbs, I decided to cook up some noodles to have with the meatballs and sauce.  Here is what it looked like:


OK, I know, I need to work on my food photography, but believe me, today I was part of the Clean Plate Club.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please!