Sunday, June 10, 2012

Malina

I've been trying for days to upload this one video of Malina dancing but keep getting this error on blogger.  It's awesome and as soon as I figure out what is going on, I'll be sure to share it with you.


I know I've been all gooey over Luke in the last few posts, but I wanted to take some time and get all gooey and sticky over our little girl, Malina.  She's all of two years and three months old.  And because she's two and three months old, she's going through what everyone knows as the TERRIBLE TWOs (can you hear the haunting echo??).  Honestly, she has had many a moment where I want to give MYSELF a time out but I can hardly fault the girl.  It ain't easy -- she's at the intersection of Two and I Have a New Baby Brother.  But you know what?  She's doing great.  And she will always be my first.  


I was looking through some "old" pictures of her and I'm just stunned at how much she has changed.  



Here she is at around 8 months -- her first Halloween.  This is such a classic Malina poker face.


She's a total water baby.  Loves splashing in the tub and hanging out in the pool (love those Flap Happy hats).



One thing that hasn't changed is her love of reading.  She reads A LOT.  If you ask her to get any book, she'll run and pluck it off the shelf.  And she can read you almost any book -- just ask her!  I love how her chubby little legs are crossed here -- she's such a lady!



I love this shot of her that Bryan took last year, soon after we moved into our new house.  Can we quickly talk about this curly hair of hers??  Someone, please explain to me where this came from!  



And it has to be said that, she has adjusted amazingly well to having a new baby brother. She stepped up to being Big Sister immediately.  Look at how loving and motherly she is to Luke.  Melts me...  All gooey.


She makes being two totally fabulous.


And when she does give me those moments where I want to give myself a time out, I try and remember this picture of her.  She is just so peaceful and sweet, holding on to Big Bird.



Malina Lee Santee, you've come a long way, baby.  And I love you more and more each day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please!